Creating Groundworks for the future since 1953
Taggart Earthmoving Limited is a family owned business and was established in 1953 and founded by Ron Taggart.
The company has a long history of developing Christchurch and the surrounding areas, and has been involved in projects such as the Christchurch Town Hall, University of Canterbury, Christchurch Public Hospital, Wilding Park, multiple residential and commercial subdivisions, sports complexes, street reconstructions along with a number of private developments over the past 66 years.
We currently employ 140 staff, and own approximately 100 machines and 38 trucks that operate from our three Canterbury based depots.
The company specialises in large scale earthworks projects, roading and subdivisions, siteworks and drainage, demolition, heavy haulage and shingle processing and sales.