Permanent / Full Time
About the job
Taggart is family owned company that has been operating in Canterbury since 1953. We are continually growing and diversifying into other areas of the industry and are looking to employ an experienced grader operator to join our team of civil construction professionals.
• New Zealand Drivers Licence (Full and Clean) – Class 1 and 4 Full
• New Zealand Drivers Licence Endorsement – Wheels / Tracks / Rollers
• Site Safe Passport
• First Aid Certificate.
The successful applicant shall have the following attributes:
• Ability to construct and finish metal course pavements ready for final surfacing to a high standard and level of accuracy
• Have the ability to meet daily production targets, including the management of material deliveries to site
• Is confident of working between kerbs and around services lids
• Has strong finishing skills on a grader with or without GPS controls
• Ability to operate other types of plant, when necessary
• Has proven local and regional knowledge of regulations and specifications
• Has a positive, can do attitude and ability to work well in a team environment or independently
• Ability to lead a team on site, including subcontractors
• Can work effectively and efficiently for extended periods of time with limited supervision
• Can make sound decisions
• High personal standards of presentation; and
• Is drug free (Pre-employment, reasonable cause, post-incident and random drug testing).
The successful applicant will be based at our Belfast depot and will be required to operate both locally and regionally. All shortlisted applicants will be required to complete an unpaid Grader Operators Assessment.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and the ability to expand your knowledge base while working alongside a team of passionate and driven professionals. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and appropriate New Zealand Driver Licences. If you are looking for a change, apply now submitting your CV to