Drainage Site Supervisor - Certified
Permanent / Full Time
About the job
Taggart Earthmoving is a family owned company that operates a dynamic and diversified contracting business with bases in Christchurch and Rangiora.
Qualifications & experience:
- Licensed Certified Drainlayer
- CCC Authorised Drainlayer
- Clean NZDL Class 1, 2 and 4 and W.T.R.
- Computer literate: MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Minimum of 15 years working experience as a drainlayer Foreman on civil projects.
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to read, understand and explain plans.
- Working knowledge of all territorial requirements.
- Proven ability to drive programme and achieve targets.
- Great communication skills, both oral and written.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the project manager so that contract work is completed within budget and timeframes.
- Ensures rework is at a minimum by having a good understanding of what is happening on site.
- Supports the foreman with the planning and progress of their jobs, including being hands-on if and when required.
- Is present and supports the project manager with pre-start meetings that are held for all projects the - supervisor is involved in.
- Is present and supports the project manager with the close-out meetings that are held for the projects the supervisor is involved in.
- Carries out team member and job review forms with all the drainage crews.
- Builds and maintains good client and staff relationships.
- Is actively involved in coaching, training and development of the drainage staff.
- Company vehicle